Forum OpenACS Q&A: Another Portland Oregon OpenACS Social next week ...

I posted this to news a couple of days ago, but Talli pointed out to
me that he rarely visits the home page and only saw it by accident and
asked me to post a note here.

So if you're interested, visit the home page and read the news article.

Not that Talli's invited.  He showed up last time but forgot that
Oregon's official welcome to visitors is "Keep Oregon Green - Leave
Money", not "Keep Oregon White - Leave T-Shirts".

When he gets straight on that issue we'll invite him back! :)

Whoa, Don, I remember explicitly offering you a few tshirts at the end of the last social and you turning them down.

Of course, I was probably so sloshed that what I may have actually said was something completely different. Oh well. I wish I could be there! The Lucky Labrador's beer is... delicious.

talli

PS.

Just to keep tradition alive... Vinod, while there's fat chance you'll end up in Portland next week, if you do please note that your fish net stockings are to be worn UNDER your pants. Thank you.

OK, I'm on my way to work, so I can't offer a proper retort, but quickly...
  1. Reread Don's post. He doesn't want no stinkin t-shirts 😉
  2. "There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless." - Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Hey ... I just happen to be reading Sam's "Life on the Mississippi" ...

I took two of those t-shirts off your hands, Talli, be thankful for small favors!

Is there anyone driving down from Seattle I could tag long with? I'd love to come, but driving all the way from Whidbey is just too much for me these days. Answer here or mailto:vanhorn@whidbey.com.

Van

Carl Coryell-Martin's coming down from Seattle but is taking the train...
So how was the social?

talli

Small but fun!  We mostly talked about you, Talli, and the fact that we should send you the bar bill :)

Actually I showed of dotLRN and walked through the Open Force's fully templatable portal package, which everyone agreed was very nice. "That's very nice, Don, now shut up so we can start drinking beer".  A sound endorsement, indeed!