Forum OpenACS Development: Translation server, spanish (almost) done

I've been reviewing the Spanish translation, and I've found some kind of error in numbers, about the "untranslated" and "deleted" keys.

Currently, the server has 6677 keys. According to /acs-lang/admin/ Spanish is 6.511 translated and 166 unstranslated.

In the Spanish package list index...

• notifications: Translated = 50; untranslated = 3; total = 53
  • imsld: Translated: 429; untranslated: 72; total = 501

BUT in those package pages, numbers are different...

• notifications: All (50) | Translated (50) | Untranslated (0) | Deleted (0)
  • imsld: Show: All (432) | Translated (428) | Untranslated (4) | Deleted (1)

althoug only 3 are shown...
    1. imsld.Else_Identifier
    2. imsld.If_Identifier
    3. imsld.IMS-LD_Intifier

And finally, a strange case which I don't know how to deal with it...

• Assessment has 6 keys blank in English.
Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
Ok.. so here we go.

1. Regarding the first count on /acs-lang/admin those numbers include all the message keys, regardless of their status of deleted or not deleted.

2. In the Spanish package list index ( Lets focus on notifications ) we have:

Translated = 50, untranslated = 3 for a total of 53. Again, this numbers include all message keys ( whether they are deleted or not ).

3. Now, moving to the mesasge list filtered for notifications and locale es_ES. You have:

All ( 50 ) | Translated ( 50 ) | Untranslated (0) | Deleted (0).

I did check on the lang_messages table for the message keys that belong to the locale es_ES and package_ley notifications and, in effect, there are 50 entries; so.. where are those 3 message keys waiting to be translated? Well, it happen that those 3 message keys were deleted previously in the default locale ( en_US ) before they got to be translated into the locale es_ES. At first sight this is totally unclear from the numbers you get presented on this list. So I added an extra filter there, that will display to you those message keys deleted on the default locale that never got translated. So, you will see:

All ( 50 ) | Translated ( 50 ) | Untranslated (0) | Deleted (0) | Deleted on English (US) (3)

So you have a clear view of where those "missed" message keys.