Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: Add new "file" content type to acs-content-repository

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
This still does not address the fact that a generic content revision doesn't describe what the object is.

The idea here is to handle uploaded files consistently throughout the site.

This is the most important piece of information

"This would allow storing arbitrary binary objects and make it easier to handle them in a consisntent way. For example, file-storage could be fixed. We already have acs-subsite/www/file.vuh which will allow downloading an file stored in the content repository consistently.

This will allow us to deal with files uploaded with the oacs-attach widget for xinha or tinymce to be correctly handled and indexed for search etc."

So in this case the search isn't that I want to exclude generic content revisions so much, but that I want to be able to treat all uploaded files similarly. I want to be able to search ONLY uploaded files. For example, in an improved file attachment feature, we could search all the files a user has uploaded in addition to allowing them to browse folders. To do this we need to restrict the search by content_type. Having a searchability flag does not help here.