Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Contacts 1.0d and AMS 1.0d Todo List

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I had a look at the new functionality. Where can I see the list of the logged messages? Furthermore, why are you using your own logging table instead of extending the mail-tracking package by content type? Now we have the messages stored in contacts and the mail-tracking package and we need to keep two different lists, one for all mails send using the mail-tracking package (which is everything using acs-mail-lite) and one for contacts, though it would be considerably easier to extend mail-tracking to track also "letters". Maybe we should have it renamed to "communication tracking". Unless there is a compelling reason to keep two different tracking mechanisms, we will change the contact::message::log function to store the logs in mail-tracking and get rid of the special tables in the contacts package.

Furthermore we will work on templates with header and footer for letters, storing the result as a PDF file. Christian is going to work on this from our side in the next week or so.

As for the default group, maybe we can just create a new "contacts" group for all contacts and add them to "-2" when upgrading a person to a user.

Last but not least, I think the "any attribute in mail merge" could be solved once we a procedure in AMS that allows us to retrieve the attribute value if given an attribute name. Then it should be a piece of cake (I'd assume).