Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: navigation changes in dotLRN: RFC

Collapse
Posted by Jeremy Monnet on
Thanks for all this Andrew.

I am sorry for answering late, last week was a conference week in Sydney, so I didn't work for this ...

I think you're right, and the only way to have these static tabs is to have a static page behind (I mean as you wrote "standard OpenACS pages") so I'm going to look in this way.

As their link will be static (e.g. "/pvt/home") we can compare directly with "ad_conn url" I think ?

I would not like to send info back to master template. As you said it would mean modify some core pages, and I don't want to break everything 😉

For IE/Firefox/windows : I am sorry, I haven't tried this yet with windows (although I must say I was expecting trouble with this ...)

The protlet headings are inside because we must change the sloan-theme.adp file (new_portal/www/themes) for separate title and content, and use our tags by the way.

So I have two questions now :
-> I've seen that some files are available directly (/www and /packages/acs-subsite/www for example). Where part of the documentation decribes what pages are or aren't accessible ? Is it part of the request pre-processor, or something else ?
-> Is it possible to use a portlet in a "standard OpenACS pages" ?

Jeremy

Collapse
Posted by Jeremy Monnet on
Ok I found the answers to my questions :

-> Yes, I can call a portlet directly
-> I have to mount the application package.

So I'll probably mount the application under /theme (Not used at the moment I think ?) and the courses tab (and more tabs maybe later) will still be in the theme package. So the system can work with our new tabs system, or when uninstalling with the current "tab-only" system ...

Jeremy