Forum .LRN Q&A: What is dotLRN?

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Hi
I have seen several 'definitions' that are mostly valid:

1) An openacs package that implements an educational data model with some default portals/applications

2) A complete Learning Management System that includes applications and portlets

3) A project for eLearning software with a consortium of institutions that support it

I have also seen people spelling it several ways: "dotlrn", ".LRN", ".Lrn" and even .learn, dotlearn....

What are people ideas about this?
Does people think that this name and definition are clear to newcomers (or even to old users)?

I am thinking in new marketing approaches and I would like to hear people opinions.

cheers

Rafael

Collapse
2: Re: What is dotLRN? (response to 1)
Posted by Jeremy Monnet on
This is a very interesting question Rafael ! 😊

And I may add some questions about it :

4) Which public do you target ? (companies, universities, professionals, students)

5) What are the next things to do ? (simplify, add the brand_new_fashion_features) What do you want to communicate on ? What is the greatest strengh of the dotlrn ? (community, features, aolserver). How will you communicate on ? (newspapers, radio advertisements, papers in WE conferences)

6) Can we improve the way the dotlrn community works ? (create some teams (develpement, support, web site), put some money in the marketing, create a dotlrn foundation (ok, there is the dotlrn consortium, but this is just an example, and mozilla has now a foundation and a corporation anyway))

We want to hear from you guys ! We want a real brainstorming (although we can understand that it is hot summer in the northern hemisphere, and it's hard to work and think when it's hot and sunny outside 😉 )

Jeremy