Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: New package Selva

Collapse
Posted by Jeremy Monnet on
Hi it's me again ! 😊

So I looked at the cvs code, and I have some remarks/questions :
- http://jmonnet80.free.fr/Selva/problems/ : I don't have the names I18n ("MISSING KEY"), did I miss something ?
- Are we supposed to put everything we don't know what to do with in the apm_parameters ?
- Why are most of the tabs written manually, and only 1 taken from the DB ? (I do understand for the community tab)
- Won't you prefer to say "you're in that community" a big red blinking text "this community", instead of a tab ? I mean, when I see a road sign "Munich 200 km" I think I'm not in Munich ... When I see a tab "community something", I think I should click on it to go there ?
- Why do you want to stay with the top blue bar ? The tabs should give a clever way to navigate through the site (at least, we do it for that).
- You don't like the blue .LRN logo ? Is it because it take some space on top of the page ? So I think you'll like even less the top picture I've put in the last package. (this is a test, Rafael thinks it is a great design idea)

Maybe you already discussed some of these points, but I have seen no explanation so far, so I ask ! 😉

Jeremy

Collapse
Posted by Jeremy Monnet on
Some other points :
- I see a "navbar_list" variable, which is never used anywhere else in the code. Is it normal ? Is is just we will need it in the future ?
- Why did you write a "log in" tab while this code will never be executed when the user is logged out (except if there are more state than logged in and out for a user ?)
- Why do you remove the menu bar when the user is not in the dotlrn anymore ? My understanding is that you want to make the difference between OACS (system admin only) and .LRN (software admin and use), am I right ? if so, I think it is a bad idea. The software is already far too complicated, and say to people "you are using two softwares, and you must be aware of it" is not a way to do. As I already said (even if it may be complicated for developpers (you), an effort should be made IMHO to simplify the administration. Of course, this is just a way to start a debate 😊

Jeremy