Forum OpenACS Development: Response to New Photo-Album Requirements

Collapse
Posted by Ivan Histand on
I was thinking about the generated filename system that cr uses, and I agree we should definately think about the options here.  A file_id + resolution_code + file_type scheme might be a good idea, if for some reason the database crashed or was corrupted at least the images would be easily recovered.

As far as storing big images on a workstation, personally I wouldn't want to, in fact that is exactly what I am trying to avoid.  I want to  use my server to store everything, mine is not hosted it's a linux box in the closet.  :)  I can see that being a need for many people, however.  I'm not sure how to solve this problem without a client software package that communicates with the server.

Tim, your thoughts about the sort-order are the types of problems I had in mind with the customizable template for each folder or image.  The templates of course would be standard adp/tcl pairs in which you could display to your liking.  As you suggested, It'd be simple enough to implement the sort_order parameter as well for simplicity.