Forum .LRN Q&A: Installing Evaluation Package

Collapse
Posted by Henry Ma on
I'm currently exploring the Evaluation package. Does anybody know why I'm getting this type of error when I'm loading up the index page for Evaluation package:

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'evaluation-portlet.XXX'

where XXX can be Add_grade_name, Name, Due_date etc...

If it is because I do not have evaluation-portlet installed, does anybody know where I can download it? Is there suppose to be a version 1.0 around?

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Grumet on
Yes it appears that you need to have the evaluation-portlet package installed. I can see that the code for it is in our CVS repository:

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/packages/evaluation-portlet/

Though someone may have packaged it up into an .apm file as well (I don't know).

It's a little odd that the package is referring to keys in a -portlet package. It's not unheard of for a package to borrow another package's keys, but usually the borrower is the -portlet.

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Grumet on
To check the evaluation-portlet code out via CVS, you'd do something like this:

cvs -d :pserver:mailto:anonymous@cvs.openacs.org:/cvsroot login
(hit enter when prompted for password)
cvs -d :pserver:mailto:anonymous@cvs.openacs.org:/cvsroot co openacs-4/packages/evaluation-portlet

The package files will land in the following subdirectory of your current directory: openacs-4/packages/evaluation-portlet.

Collapse
Posted by Henry Ma on
Thanks, I'm now not seeing that error, however, when I try adding a new task, I'm getting this error:

Problem with your input
We had a problem with your input:

You specified a path to a file that is not allowed on the system.
Please back up using your browser, correct the above , and resubmit your entry.

Thank you.

I'm running Openacs on Windows platform using ProjectOpen.

Do you know how to fix this?

Collapse
Posted by Henry Ma on
Also, with regards to add task error, when I checked the server log, I see this error:

[23/Aug/2005:15:45:26][752.6020][-conn:projop::0] Notice: ad_page_contract tmpfile filter on variable 'upload_file.tmpfile' at URL '/evaluation/admin/tasks/task-add-edit': The tmpfile given was 'C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/AOL7F.tmp', and the list of valid directories is '/tmp /var/tmp'.

Any ideas?

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Henry, since the Windows port is very new some parts were not fixed like the check for the temporary files folder. You need to search the source for the place where this log is created and comment out this check.

Other problems that you may come accross using OpenACS on windows are missing linux/unix applications like tar, unzip, ... this can be easily fixed if you user cygwin and add those applications required by OpenACS.

There was a third issue I have forgotten. But I will post that as soon as I remember.

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Here is the place where you get the problem:
acs-tcl/tcl/tcl-documentation-procs.tcl, procedure ad_page_contract_filter. Either simply put a "return 1" right at the begin of the proc body or set the subsite parameter TmpDir to your windows temp folder.