Forum OpenACS Q&A: ECommerce module

Collapse
Posted by LOK Yek Soon on
Hi,

I am tryng to find out more about the E-Commerce module on openACS?

There doesn't seems to be many sites out there.

I would like to find out more about sites using it, and hencen gain some insight to what kind of features it can support.

This will be part of an evaluation to decide whether my client will go with openACS (CMS + E-Commerce) or osCommerce (+ some CMS).

We are also trying to find out how easy or whether there are existing support for payment gateway integration with WorldPay or PayPal.

I hope the community can give some advice on your experience with openACS and what are the pitfalls to look out for.

Thanks

Collapse
2: Re: ECommerce module (response to 1)
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Solution Grove is working extensively with ecomerce this summer writing a sophistocated course registration system that will be deployed for the Boston Museum of Science and at Massachusetts General Hospital. At this point we have pretty much branched the eccomerce package which is designed for selling books and other physical objects. We will eventaully refactor so that our new system and it will be a package that installs on top of the current eccomerce system.

The bottom line is I'm quite familar with the features of both systems, send me an email if you want to talk voice and I can help you answer specific questions.

For gateways we are using authorize.net. I don't think there are currently gateways written for WorldPay or PayPal.