Forum OpenACS Q&A: ACS Acceptance Test Server Improvements

Collapse
Posted by Jon Pike on
Hello,

I have put up a new Test Server for demonstration purposes (click here)

Improvements In This Version
  • Bug Fix, if you enter over 2000 characters for a test description it no longer crashes.
  • Usability Testing has been added, thanks to Simon Carstensen for the idea and documentation.
  • Improved Help and documentation.
  • No longer publicly Displays users email addresses only name
  • Improved automated email
  • Taken out support to add system wide tests (only the administrator can do this) helps save confusion.

Please feel free to play around and enter dummy data, try out the new email system, see if you can find any bugs.

I will be continually improving this test server so any feed back would be gratefully appreciated, before I replace the old test server.
  • Collapse
    Posted by Simon Carstensen on
    Hm, I'm feeling a bit surprised seeing my usability document online already. Actually, it wasn't really meant for public determination - at least not at this stage (I just emailed it to Jon at one point). It's okay, though. It's a bit too theoretic at this point, I think, and it really needs some examples to be added to it. Perhaps a process diagram. Also I see a couple of linguistic errors and the like. I'm really, really busy these days (7 weeks of finals have started, phew), so if anyone has suggestions or things they want to add to the document, just send me some email and I'll see what I can do. In other words, I won't be able to extent the document at this point, but it would be great, if someone would help out!

Great work Jon!