Forum .LRN Q&A: Theme Selva

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Currently the selva-theme does not show a link to the control panel of the community. Is this on purpose? If yes, how am I supposed to administer a community. If not, can someone tell me you managed to have it disappear in the first place :).
Collapse
2: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Hi Malte,
It is called 'Tools'.
We think it is a name more commonly used

cheers

Rafa

Collapse
3: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
Thanks for fixing the bug of a disappeared "admin" link in courses and communities. The naming of "Tools" might be more appropriate, but it is not consistent with the rest of .LRN. Therefore I took the liberty of changing the language keys from the selva theme (as it did not have a catalog directory in the first place) to the ones used in .LRN, so if you change "Control Panel" in .LRN to "Tools" it is done consistently.

Other than that thanks a lot for the good work, though I do like our modification (no title, but additional "Tab" with the community name on the left) better 😊. Maybe I commit them with the parameter "CognovisStyleP" ...

Collapse
4: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
Malte
Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
We need to test theme-selva on other browsers. Most of my work is on FF/Mac. I know it doesn't look as good on IE/Mac, but it looks fine on Safari. Have you tested on MS platform?

Rafael

Collapse
5: Re: Re: Theme Selva (response to 3)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Will be better if we create parameters that somewhat explain what are they supposed to do, in order to easy the things for casual users.
Collapse
6: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
Malte

I noticed you added properties in selva-master.adp, but they are not defined break the code.
can't read "displayed_object_id": no such variable
    while executing
"lang::util::localize ${displayed_object_id}"
    invoked from within
"ad_quotehtml [lang::util::localize ${displayed_object_id}]"
    invoked from within
"set __adp_properties(displayed_object_id) "[ad_quotehtml [lang::util::localize ${displayed_object_id}]]""
    ("uplevel" body line 12)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {
set __adp_output ""
if {[string equal "[ad_quotehtml [lang::util::localize ${dotlrn_installed_p}]]" "1"]} {

set __adp_master [template:..."
    (procedure "template::code::adp::/var/lib/aolserver/rafa/packages/theme-..." line 2)

I removed it for now, new users were not able to use the code from cvs

thanks

Rafael

Collapse
7: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
This is going to be fun. I recommitted the properties again (this time with the tcl file to set them to empty string if not available). If you did not include this in the OACS 5.2 branch you will have lot's of fun when using forums, as these properties are needed (and at least header_stuff, title and context are variables that desperately need to be passed to the master).
Collapse
8: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
Rocael, I was just making fun :). Obviously I'd not call a parameter "CognovisStyleP", though sometimes I envy lars-blogger :). How about "SmallTitleStyleP"?
Collapse
9: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
SmallTitleP style has been committed. Furthermore I undid the revert that caused Theme Selva to rely on it's own message keys (very bad idea). Furthermore I made the tabs a little bit smarter and added tabs for the administrator back (as he was unable to get to the site wide administration).

Please do not revert this change. If you are unhappy, state it here and give an alternative. Or write a parameter to change your reasoning for unhappyness. Reverting is bad and causes frustration on all parts. If a commit was broken, first try to fix it (e.g. by adding an "if [empty_string_p $displayed_object_id]") and only revert if you are unable to fix.

Collapse
10: Re: Theme Selva (response to 1)
Hi Malte
I added conditionals to your properties. @displayed_object_id@ and @header stuff@ are not always defined it was giving an error.

We want to keep theme-selva independent of dotlrn so plain openacs sites can also use it. It is ok to use translation from other packages as long as it doesn't add an undesired dependency. This is particularly important for dotlrn keys.
we don't want people having to install dotlrn just for the definition of 2 keys.

cheers

Rafael