Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS Documentation

Collapse
23: Re: OpenACS Documentation (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Can someone tell me why we are not using ETP for the documentation but rely on the Wiki? Once we upgrade to 5.2 the HTML Editor works fine and we have a nice interface for tracking changes et.al. I know, I suggested the Wiki in the first place, but I'm not convinced anymore this is the best course of action.

One thing that a couple of people mentioned though: If we change from docbook to whatever, we need to be able to export to HTML as well as Docbook and setup an automated CVS commit for this.

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
The think I really like about using a Wiki for documentation is that it is really really easy to link up pages to each other. Just put in the [] and you are done. Plus it keeps track of what pages link to each other - which comes in extremely handle if you do a little planning and structure it right.

I agree with you on the formatting... I'd love the HTML widget or at least the abilty to type in some HTML. Or to be able to enclose soemthing in [] but also determine what the HTML anchor is (wikipedia has this).

I've been told then it would no longer be "wiki-like" :) But I contend the wiki with the HTML widget, combined with [] would be killer.