Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Repost of an RFP request for a CSM Site

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
I'm not so sure whether a shortage of willing companies is so much the issue but rather the difficulty in connecting to the two together.

I feel its often a shortcoming of open source communities that they become overly focussed on the technical aspects without paying similar attention to necessary commercial practices that help establish and market the great idea and products within the community.

I'd very much welcome and be prepared to participate in any effort in this direction. Perhaps this is something that the commercial companies who rely on OACS (such as ourselves) should focus on and help create a better channel between supply and demand? And in tandem with that should we all, collaboratively, be considering how we market and communicate this excellent product? After all its a powerful message, a complete community development where we collaborate no just on code but on strategy, marketing and raising its profile. What a great way to get other, non technical resources from various organisations involved with the project.

Thoughts anyone? Perhaps this is a thread in its own right?