Forum .LRN Q&A: Edit This Page in dotLRN

Collapse
Posted by Zen Liu on
Hi

I am a student at the University of Sydney doing a project involving dotLRN. I have run into a problem and am hoping to get some ideas/suggestions in solving it.

I created a portlet based on the OpenACS Edit This Page application (ETP) and everything worked wonderfully after I added the applet to a community. However, everything broke down after I added the applet to a second community and the first part of the extensive error message I got is as below:

There was a server error processing your request. We apologize.

Here is a detailed dump of what took place at the time of the error, which may assist a programmer in tracking down the problem:

Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "cr_items_unique_name"
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "content_item__new" line 85 at SQL statement
PL/pgSQL function "content_folder__new" line 31 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_folder__new" line 7 at return

SQL:
select content_folder__new('edit-this-page', 'Edit This Page', '', coalesce(etp__get_folder_id('2302'), NULL));

Has anyone run into a similar problem before? Is it at all possible to modify ETP in some way so it can be used by multiple communities without violating database rules such as the applications commonly used by dotLRN like forums and faqs?

Many Thanks!
Zen

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
Did you know that there is already an ETP portlet for dotLRN?
Collapse
Posted by Zen Liu on
Hi Nick

No I didn't know that ETP was already a portlet on dotlrn.

What I'm trying to do with ETP is to use it as the basis for a portlet I'm developing, so on the user interface level it's not actually going to appear as an ETP application for the dotlrn user.

So if ETP is already a portlet on dotlrn, the error I encountered must've been fixed already right? Would you know how? Or maybe you can point me to where I can find the existing ETP portlet? It doesn't seem to exist on my version of dotlrn, which is supposed to be the latest stable release.

Thanks!!!