Forum OpenACS Q&A: [Off-Topic] In Boston this weekend

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Hi OpenACS'ers,

I'll be Boston this weekend for Startup School, and would love to meet up with people. Is there a social planned?

Also, I'm looking for a place to stay in the area, hopefully with somewhat easy access to public transportation. I'm travelling with two friends, so it'd have to be room for three. Floor and couch are ok.

Thanks,

-Roberto

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
So far with an informal survey of 3 people, Friday night looks good for an OpenACS social.

Please reply here if you are interested. I can't really plan it all myself since I will have to drive to Boston Friday afternoon.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Friday social sounds good (although these short term announcements usually do not work out well). I recommend Cambridge Brewing Company.

http://www.cambrew.com/directions.htm

Post here if you are going to show. I can call tomorrow to see if I can reserve a table for around 8:30pm

Carl

P.S. Turns out I can put up all three of you Roberto (have two couches and plenty of floor).

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
I think I should be able to make it as well, if it's on Friday. Looking forward to seeing Roberto!
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Carl,

Sorry about that. Notifications were broken. Of course, someone posted about that, but I didn't get the email, so I just got it fixed this morning ;)

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
I'll be there!
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Me too.
Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
I should be there (both Fri. and Sat.).
Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Looks like my flight doesn't get to Boston until 10:48 PM on Friday, a bit late.

Dave and Carl were talking about getting together on Sunday. I'll be flying in all day tomorrow, so try to schedule something and I'll show up.

Excited to see everyone.

-Roberto

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Seeing Roberto is the special guest in this case and there is a lot more room in the Brewery on Sundays (and it is not as loud) I am going to push for a move to Sunday afternoon.

The kitchen opens at 3pm and closes at 10pm so let's go for 5pm.

Hope no one minds the sudden change of plans, but they are the most accommodating for out of town guests and more than one OpenACS related meeting this weekend would be too much for me.

Here is info on the location again:

Cambridge Brewing Company
1 Kendall Square, Bldg 100
Cambridge, MA 02139

http://www.cambrew.com/directions.htm

Carl

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
Sunday works better for me ...See you all.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I'll be there on Sunday.