Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to ACES in spanish

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Don,

I want to make sure we are talking about the same things (this is all relatively new to me), which is why I point to the definitions found in the introduction of Yonatan Feldman's ACS- Java Core Globalization Requirements (which others might find helpful).

Your description of the way acs-lang (with Lars Pind's modifications) works for internationalization sounds like it would work for a very large portion of the community (it would certainly work for what we want to do if we can apply it to OpenForce 's dotLRN work), but I am not to sure what you mean by the following:

a proper solution will not be localized so the whole community needs to buy in and have the chance to participate

Why would a proper solution not be localized? What do you mean by "buy in"? I really want globalization work to go into OpenACS's code base and I would like to try to work on the community aspects, but I want to know what you mean first.

In closing: I really liked the two phrases from the Mozilla project mentioned in Yon's documentation:

• One code base for the world
  • English is just another language