Forum OpenACS Q&A: OK, maybe cookies AREN'T ugly

Collapse
Posted by David Phillips on
Don:

Point taken.  I guess I honestly liked the URL method more (at least in WO) because you didn't have to deal with it, it did it for you.

Did I mention I'm stupid AND lazy ;)

And, you have to admit, cookies ARE abused to an incredible degree.  I like less intrusive designs. Why do you think URL method is worse than cookie method?

Robert:  I just ordered the book.  Thank you for the recommendation, it looks decent.

Michael: It may have been someone else that mentioned pgMac...Walter?

I'd be more likely to put money up to fund OS X and "user-friendly for the non-techs" related stuff than content management stuff.  I can get by with Tcl and Python for a rough-shod templating/workflow system, but a rock-solid OpenACS/OSX system (with a GUI for admin tasks) would be nice. It would also dovetail nicely with the needs of the many educational institutions that will no doubt be getting xserves.  (OACS already seems to be hitting at that market pretty hard anyway.)

I come from a general business background (and got into web stuff via multimedia), so I understand the need for fool-friendly tools for us less technically inclined folks.  Command line may be more efficient, but pretty pictures make Joe Schmo comfortable AND productive.