Thanks in advance
Morten
Denmark

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
Try hub.org
Collapse
Posted by David Cohen on
May I suggest that there be a page on openacs.org with a list of all the companies offering OpenACS hosting, possibly with some basic info (i.e. price per month or price range) and when you click on the names you get a page offering the details (or a link to a page on the company's website offering details)? Perhaps with a comments section so people could offer testimonials?

It really is silly to continually have people asking and answering about this given how important these services are--the info should just be there, accessible from a link on the front page. It would be nice too if the companies offering the services could edit their own entries in the database in case their price changes or they want to offer a sale, etc.

And, the user should be able to sort it by price, by bandwidth, etc--the usual database-backed website stuff.

Something like this, with more info (I hope the formatting works):

Company Space Bandwidth Monthly Setup Special Offers
foo.org 100 Meg 10 gig/mo. $50 $100 FREE SETUP THRU 6/30
bar.org 100 Meg 10 gig/mo. $75 $50 ONE MONTH FREE!
bazz.org 120 Meg 13 gig/mo. $85 $60

Am I right or am I right? 😊

Collapse
Posted by MaineBob OConnor on
Another option is to find a webhotel where you can have complete
control of your own server.  We started with a small ISP and put the server in their basement and once linux was set up we did, and still do, everything remotely.  Our current host has all windows servers and we were the lone linux box by special arrangement. Linux (and AOLserver and Postgresql and Openacs 3x) has been extremely reliable and has required no intervention by the webhotel staff in the past 16 months.

-Bob

Collapse
Posted by Hossein Sharifi on
You could try rackshack.net. For about $100 per month (plus $100-$300 in setup fees), you will receive your own dedicated server, which includes 400 GB of monthly transfer. The servers usually have Apache and MySQL installed by default, but it would be trivial to remove them and install AOLserver and Oracle.