Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Error on CR update

Collapse
2: Re: Error on CR update (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
This error will haunt any person trying to upgrade from an old install (e.g. 5.1.5), which does include a couple thousand ]project-open[ installations.

As the script is not needed as it was duplicated in later installs, would it be possible to either remove or fix it in a way which does not break upgrades? That would be awesome, as it is hard to tell people "download the source code, remove the following files and then do the upgrade" 😊.

Obviously ]project-open[ could just provide the whole OpenACS core internally as it used to do so far, but my goal is to make sure, you can install ]project-open[ with the latest release OpenACS and the OpenACS released files from the OpenACS repository :).

Collapse
3: Re: Error on CR update (response to 2)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Yes, I'll look into this.

I think you are correct we can remove the upgrade since it only really applied for 5.3->5.4 installs and upgrade to newer version than 5.4 don't require it.

Collapse
4: Re: Error on CR update (response to 2)
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
Not only because it is hard to tell people (yes indeed), but also because it makes them wonder what the error is and if the script is there is because there is a reason to it.

In my case, I was trying to fix the script, debugging it to understand what "imagesi" was and what was its context.
Plus, i did create a new view called imagesi in the system just to make the script work. :)