Forum OpenACS Development: various requests to xowiki/admin/list error with no last_modified

The error:

can't read "last_modified": no such variable
    ::template::t1::__columns::objects ::xotcl::Object->set
    invoked from within
"$a set $by"
    (procedure "__compare" line 3)
    ::template::t1 ::xo::OrderedComposite->__compare
    invoked from within
"my __compare ::template::t1::__columns::objects ::template::t1::__bulkactions"
    (-compare command)
    invoked from within
"lsort -command [list my __compare] -$order $children"
    (procedure "children" line 5)
    ::template::t1 ::xo::OrderedComposite->children
    invoked from within

Any ideas how to approach resolving this?

All the xowiki instances on the same domain (including those host node mapped from other domains in same system) have the same error result when accessing that page.

The error message tells you that for some (for me unknown) reasons, the sql query on the admin page list does not return the last_modified attribute. Do you have never visited this page before? Have you performed some (partial?) updates? What version-combo are you using (see e.g. /xotcl/version-numbers)?
Hi Gustaf,

The page has been visited many times before without errors. It's been returning this error for a couple months now. I anticipated finding the cause before now... =/

current xowiki version: 0.124 from cvs most recently updated 12 March 2010 as part of trying to resolve this.

The prior cvs version was from 7 September 2009, when I imported some xowiki instances from other websites (for use with host node mapping). It worked fine then.

other current versions:

xotcl-core version 0.112

modules/tcl/xotcl.tcl: aol-xotcl.tcl,v 1.15 2007/08/14 16:38:26
This is built on freebsd ports 7.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.3-PRERELEASE #5: Sun Feb 28 14:24:49 AST 2010

The cvs 2009-09-07 cvs upgrade was from xowiki 0.60.3 on cvs apparently around 15 or 16 January 2008 (according to file timestamps).

What version of XOTcl are you using? If you run YOURSITE/xotcl/version-numbers, it will report among other useful information the version of XOTcl (not included in your reply). Did you run the test of xotcl-core in OpenACS automated testing (YOURSITE/test/admin/)? did you run YOURSITE/xowiki/admin/test?

Gustaf,

First, problem is resolved. Details in message following this one.

I haven't run automated testing on it.

The version info page is a really useful feature. Wouldn't it be a great additon to the buttons on the xowiki/admin page?

Version Numbers of XOTcl and Related Packages

Database: PostgreSQL 8.2.13 on amd64-portbld-freebsd7.2, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD]
Server:    4.5.1 (AOLserver)
Tcl:       8.5.7
XOTcl:     1.6.3
Tdom:      0.8.2
libthread: /usr/local/aolserver/lib/thread2.6.5/libthread2.6.5.so
Tcllib:    /usr/local/lib/tcllib
acs-kernel:            2009-06-19, 5.6.0d3
xotcl-core:            2009-04-28, 0.106
xowiki:                2009-04-30, 0.118
Torben,

I think I saw this error before. I would check, if you are using the lastest version of OrderedComposite from HEAD:

http://fisheye.openacs.org/browse/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/xotcl-core/tcl/20-Ordered-Composite-procs.tcl

Please let me know if the error still shows up using the very latest version of this file.

Michael, good catch. There was a version of the ordered composite in cvs between jan 14 and mar 18 this year which had problems with some xotcl versions. i will bump version numbers on next occasion.
Michael,

Thank you! Updating xotcl-core fixed it!

Thank you Gustaf and everyone for taking the time you did to dwell on this.

cheers,

Torben