Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Schedule a procedure to run on 1st of every month in project open.

Heya IQBAL...

Just a look at how the wind is presently blowing... I've checked with tcl devs, they say support for tcl-8.4 is hanging by a thread, so you might test p/o with aolserver-4.5.x and tcl-8.5; the tcl folks are saying that there are fewer bugs, more support and an interesting little list feature that's kinda like an iterated shell backquote, turns a list appearing as a single parameter, into each item of the list as a parameter.

I know oct is aware of this, and they made some decisions about future openacses; check with them to see what they decided about tcl.

Before there are too much rumors in this thread:

Concerning the "bind" command floating around in this thread: If you are talking about the "bind" from the tcl/tk manuals, the discussion is pointless, since "bind" is a tk command, not available in tcl only apps (such as aolserver) and not particulary useful for the discussed functionality either. i can't exclude that there is a tcl proc named "bind" provided by ]po[.

Concerning Tcl 8.4 and 8.5: I fail to see any connection to this topic. However the sitation is as follows: The Tcl Core Team wrote more than two years ago: "Routine maintenance of Tcl/Tk 8.4 has now come to an end". So, OCT decided to switch to Tcl 8.5:
http://www.openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=3357449