Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Getting the source out of sites

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
What Jun said :)

There's not a lot in GP that would be of general use, though the idea is to make a tarball available at some point.  A raw dump.

We will actively be factoring pieces back into the mainstream, though.  In fact you can see it already in the completion of "ad_form" and its documentation (I plan to put together a more complete doc with examples in a few weeks).

The internationalization stuff wants to filter back, too, but needs to be generalized as it's currently tied specifically to GP's site structure.  But it's going to take work by someone who understands that code and understands the OpenACS 4 core - I'm assuming I'll do it later this fall.

But a dump for site code might be interesting, a place where you could weed through code written by others looking for things to borrow for a current project.

The only possible problem I could see would be if there's some great imbalance between those companies that contribute (helping all speed implementation and lowering costs for clients making everyone more competitive) and those companies that don't.  I don't see that being a  problem with the current set of companies in our community.