Forum OpenACS Development: Re: social networking functionality for acs-subsite? TIP?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
As an afterthought, based on your reaction, I'm wondering if there is some kind of MIT/facebooky vs. MIT.alt feud thing motivating this dialog.

1. TIP'ing is our process, well established, and no secret.

2. You have a personal habit of breaking stuff in core and others have had to spend time fixing it in the past ... while this doesn't mean we'll be more strict in our requiring you to TIP than we are on ourselves, it does mean that your thinking that we'll be *more* lax than we are on ourselves or others just ain't going to happen.

Hi Don,

you wrote: "You have a personal habit of breaking stuff in core and others have had to spend time fixing it in the past ..."

I supposed it could be viewed that way. I have mistakenly broken core functionality from inadvertently breaking package.info XML standards so the core couldn't read it --twice.

Yet, to my defense, I've also taken initiative to help fix things that were inadvertently broken by code improvements from others, digging in where I had little understanding. The outcomes were positive, even if my own net contribution was only in helping others to see the problem and motivating them to fix it.

I will TIP all core changes, including the one in dispute. Sorry for the confusion on removing the code.. I'm working on it..