Forum OpenACS Development: Would a list of pg7.2 issues be useful?

I was thinking something like the oacs 4 porting page for packages,
but for issuses with postgres 7.2+

I would be willing to maintain it.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Sure, go for it!  Do you just want to put it in new file storage, or make a wimpy point presentation, or ???
Collapse
Posted by Marc Spitzer on
great got any issues other then the doc-api browse pgplsql error?
Collapse
I was thinking something simple, more likely to get done, like a html table. Something like this:
PG 7.2 ISSUES
entered on entered by resolved on resolved by package effected problem description solution with link to page

where solution would be none, patch, workaround, none

I would like to turn it into something cooler, add some stuff to the notes app would probably do it, but right now done is better then cool.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
</center>
A table, especially with cool colors like your example, would be great.  You can just stuff it into new-file-storage for now.  There's active work going on to move our site to 4.x so we don't really want to do any special hacking on the current site.
Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
Just a sidenote:

I read on the PG hackers list that they are planing a 7.3 beta freeze for September 1st and final release for October/November... (it will provide drop column 😊

Collapse
Posted by Tapiwa Sibanda on
Just closing a tag
Collapse
click here to see the very short and incomplete list.(hint hint send me your issues)
Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on
Forgive my ignorance -- but what is the ptoblem with doc-api on 7.2? I am running a (test) OACS site(s) under FreeBSD 4.6 and WNT4 -- I can browse doc-api no probs, see here.
Collapse
Are you using the 4.5 branch of cvs or the development branch of cvs, I am using the 4.5 branch.
Collapse
On my FreeBSD machine CVS/Repository says openacs-4.  Last CVS update was about a week back.  doc-api works.

My WNT machine runs one of the nightlies -- I think about a month if not more old.  doc-api works.

You want to send me an URL that is failing for you?

Collapse
It could be that I am using an incorrect cvs branch, I am using oacs-4-5  currently.  here is one of the things that did not work under 7.2.1 http://netinfo:8000/api-doc/plsql-subprograms-all, the plpgsql browser, it works fine under 7.1.3 though
Collapse
Ok, that's one screen before the schreenshot I've posted. We can diff the plsql-subprograms-all*.{adp,tcl,xql} files and see what's different between yours and mine. For starter (that's from WNT machine), some stats:
[ ~/projects/oaks/packages/acs-api-browser/www ]
$ ls -l plsql-sub*-all*
-rw-r--r--    1 a-popov  None          431 Feb 17 23:10 plsql-subprograms-all-oracle.xql
-rw-r--r--    1 a-popov  None          386 Feb 17 23:10 plsql-subprograms-all-postgresql.xql
-rw-r--r--    1 a-popov  None          494 Mar 13  2001 plsql-subprograms-all.adp
-rw-r--r--    1 a-popov  None          772 Feb 17 23:10 plsql-subprograms-all.tcl
and -postgresql.xql file is:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<queryset>
   <rdbms><type>postgresql</type><version>7.1</version></rdbms>

<fullquery name="all_subprograms">
      <querytext>

select proname as name, 'FUNCTION' as type
        from pg_proc
        where proowner=(select usesysid from pg_shadow
                        where usename = current_user)
        order by proname

</querytext>
</fullquery>

</queryset>
Collapse
...and on a BSD box all of the above files are exactly the same.
Collapse
I was under the impression that oacs 4.5 was getting the pg72 fixes, from what I have read in the groups I was mistaken.  I am ging to try an install from cvs HEAD to see if I have better luck.
Collapse
I found my problem with pg72, user error.  I did not create the nsadmin user with all the needed permissions, did not give it the ability to create users so it could not acces pg_shadow.

Thanks for the help.