Forum OpenACS Q&A: md5 error

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
I'm seeing this error from notifications:

[09/Nov/2010:00:23:18][20888.1097001280][-sched:21-] Error: Transaction aborted: wrong # args: should be "md5::md5 msg"
wrong # args: should be "md5::md5 msg"
while executing
"md5::md5 -hex $string"

Google tells me this is because I need to "package require md5 1.0"; however this is already happening in acs-tcl/tcl/mime-procs.tcl (remember, it's an old version of OpenACS - a heavily hacked (not by me) copy of 5.0.0).

I installed the latest tcllib, which is 1.12, and can't seem to find anything so far that tells me if it still contains both 1.0 and 2.0. Presumably the previous installation had a much older version of tcllib.

Has anyone run across this and already figured it out? Or do I need to try to downgrade tcllib?

Collapse
2: Re: md5 error (response to 1)
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
The answer seems to be to require version 1.4.4 rather than 1.0.

You can see what versions a particular version of tcllib provides by looking at /path-to-tcllib/md5/pkgIndex.tcl. (and no, I have no idea why they do it this way, it seems rather odd to me)

Collapse
3: Re: md5 error (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
The mime-procs were deleted a few years ago! So, you are chasing fixes, which are for actual versions completely irrelevant.

You should communicate your client that the policy "upgrade nothing if possible" is most likely more expensive than going to an more recent version, since you have to dig into all the changes that happened during the last 10 years in aolserver and openacs and you have to think about whether these changes are required for the client or not....