Forum OpenACS Development: Re: XoTCL Issue with ]po[ on OpenACS 5.6 - Very slow because of "ns_ictl update"

I tracked an error a couple of weeks ago and have a fix in 01-attribute-procs.tcl as the code was reloading the element information (attribute metadata) which was unnecessary. This might contribute to some of the issues you are seeing.

This being said I do agree with Gustaf that something else is wrong in your setup, as in five installations of mine we don't have the number of calls you describe and it does not slow us down at all using the db tracker of developer support bar.

As discussed in private, you should probably remove the code for object creation from intranet-dynfields as your stock po does not rely on any of the xotcl related extensions. I will maintain the xotcl-dynfields package as well as xotcl-search (filter based search for object types taken from intranet-contacts) and will take a look if your problem shows up in any of the other sites we implement now and in the future.