Forum OpenACS Q&A: Sysdate error

Collapse
Posted by Kieran O'Sullivan on
I'm moving our site over to Openhosting.  I have copied over the old web site and it works excpet for one error with a call to  sysdate.  This prevents people from posting news.  We are running postgreSQL 7.4.10 and AOLServer 3.3ad13 (once I get the site up and running I will upgrade)

If I go into the database and use the select sysdate from dual I get the correct date without any problems.

Attached below is the log of the error.

[19/Dec/2005:10:00:14][20870.-1217815344][-conn2-] Error: Database operation "1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")
Database operation "1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")
    while executing
"ns_db 1row $db [db_sql_prep $sql"
    (procedure "database_to_tcl_string" line 6)
    invoked from within
"database_to_tcl_string $db "select sysdate + [ad_parameter DefaultStoryLife news 30] from dual""
    invoked from within
"philg_dateentrywidget expiration_date [database_to_tcl_string $db "select sysdate + [ad_parameter DefaultStoryLife news 30] from dual"]"
    invoked from within
"set page_content "
[ad_scope_header "$verb News" $db]
[ad_scope_page_title "$verb News" $db]

for [ad_site_home_link]
<hr>
[ad_scope_navbar]

<blockqu..."
    (file "/web/irishantiwar/www/news/post-new.tcl" line 56)
    invoked from within
"source $ad_conn(file)"
    (procedure "ad_handle_abstract_url" line 72)
    invoked from within
"ad_handle_abstract_url cns266 {}"

Collapse
3: Re: Sysdate error (response to 1)
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hello Kieran,

It could be the parameter get: [ad_parameter DefaultStoryLife news 30]. Check in /admin/site-map that you have a value for that parameter.

Brian