Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS.org upgraded to 5.2.1 beta

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I have upgraded the OpenACS.org site. This includes all packages installed on OpenACS.org upgraded to the lastest code on the oacs-5-2 branch. I'll get 5.2.1 core released later today and also mark the applications at 5-2-compat so they will be available from the repository.
Collapse
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Great news! Thanks for all your work on this Dave. I've been waiting to upgrade some older sites. Can't wait to try the new stuff out.
Collapse
Posted by Joe Cooper on
You rule all Dave!

I really think having OACS.org eat its own dogfood will be good for progress and stability of OACS.

The forums upgrade looks great. I've just rolled it out on my devel server, as well, and I'm really liking the looks of it. (It has nearly all of the features from other forum packages that my users have been belly-aching for.)

In preview of this reply, I noticed that the text formatter isn't working like it used to in Enhanced Text mode. It used to replace linefeeds with <p> markup, but now it all runs together unless an explicit p tag is included by the poster. The old behavior was definitely preferable.

I'll file a bug.

Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
OACS download page shows several "MESSAGE KEY MISSING:" errors.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Thanks, I fixed the download page.
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Just wanted to add my appreciation for all the work Dave does to keep OpenACS moving. Thanks Dave!
Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Yes, well done Dave. You're certainly somebody who leads by example.

While I was clicking around, I just noticed this grammatically incorrect sentence on the front page: "There have been millions of of dollars and decades of developer time that have gone into the maturation of OpenACS." I think it would be more correct as simply "Millions of dollars and decades of developer time have gone into the maturation of OpenACS."

I know there is a separate discussion about the site, but I thought there's no harm pointing it out. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

thanks
Brian

Collapse
Posted by Stan Kaufman on
Good point; easy fix. Thanks.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi,

It looks like "Upload picture to user profile" is broken on openacs.org.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Thanks Ben, That is the same bug that is preventing uploading of the 5.2.1 tarball and delayed the release (again) we have a fix that is being tested.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Any outlook on whne this will be solved. I am looking forward to move to the next release.