Forum OpenACS Development: Re: How to do sessions

Collapse
2: Re: How to do sessions (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I think you should reconsider your plans.

There really isn't much benefit to using OpenACS without the users login and security system. By writing your own you can also introduce security issues that have been discovered and resolved over 10 years of use.

If you want to extend the information you collect on registration this should not be too hard. The first question is what version of OpenACS are you using. From there I can recommend the best solution.

If you want to understand how sessions work you should review under openacs-4/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/security-procs.tcl.

Collapse
3: Re: How to do sessions (response to 2)
Posted by sal berg on
Yes, I need to extend the information I collect on registration, but I found figuring out how to do it (and other things) to be a nightmare. I guess you're right that there isn't too much benefit to using the system without the built-in login and security stuff - perhaps I should move on to something else?

The version I'm running is the latest version for Windows. I'm just using the Windows version for test and development. I planned on moving everything to unix for production.