Forum OpenACS Q&A: XoWiki - it's running, we need developers!

Good morning.

Just wanted to give Dave thanks for his hard work on getting XoWiki up and running. As with all new pieces of code, there are issues.

Current Status:

- I created a whole bunch of pages on XoWiki to take it for a test spin.
- There are three groups of documents:

a) 3 documents with some thoughts on the wiki, the website, and what we need to accomplish. These are here just to organize my thoughts, when you get access to the Wiki feel free to edit/modify.

b) a group of blank template documents to track testing of oacs core package testing that I plan to do. Any help we can get here would be great.

c) a group of blank emplate documents to track testing of oacs non core package testing that I plan to do. Any help we can get here would be great as well.

XoWiki Location: www.openacs.org/xowiki

XoWiki Access: obviously talk to Dave about this.

What We Need:

1. XoWiki is terrific, but it needs to be TOOLED UP.
2. My feature request documents is here: http://www.openacs.org/xowiki/pages/en%3a%28Section+0%2e01%29+OACS+5%2e2+-+XoWiki+Feature+and+Other+Requests
3. My document on what we need to focus on is here: http://www.openacs.org/xowiki/pages/en%3a%28Section+0%2e03%29+OACS+5%2e2+-+Proposed+project+goals+and+targets%2e

We need developers to come out of the woodwoork and help. Help TOOL UP the wiki and then help demolish the outstanding bugs in the bug tracker.

I don't have a preference for order in which things are done, perhaps bug killing should be done first, but we should just stop work on OACS for 1 or 2 months and kill bugs, then turn around and focus on building out XoWiki.

What do you guys think? Who can help out? I will be helping out by trying to test as many packages as I can, then posting bugs on bug tracker, how many developers can we get out here to start knocking off bugs?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i have added some comments to the wiki page...
Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
I guess at this moment i'm not the right person to help you out. I'm just getting started on oacs development and i'm really interested on it. And i hope i can catch up so much stuff to learn and develop as well.

I've been browsing the xowiki to learn more about it and i got this sql bug:

by the way i loved the html editor WYSWYG

Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "cr_items_unique_name"
CONTEXT: SQL statement "insert into cr_items ( item_id, name, content_type, parent_id, storage_type ) values ( $1 , $2 , $3 , $4 , $5 )"
PL/pgSQL function "content_item__new" line 89 at SQL statement
PL/pgSQL function "content_item__new" line 20 at assignment

SQL:

Collapse
Posted by Robert Taylor on
on which page did you see this, and is there any way to replicate it?
Collapse
iuri, why not also just help with the testing of packages?

if you are learning dev thats cool, if you can help test packages, just a few every day that would help also.

I'll be veru glad. This would be a good learn to me, who is one just the begining. I'm installing a empty oacs5.2 box on my machine and i'm also installing contacts packages on another system

By the way, the error i've got was on: http://www.openacs.org/xowiki/
then i clicked on the first link on the left menu

But it seems to be fixed. At least i don't have it anymore

Collapse
cool!

daveb says everyone has access to edit xowiki so when you are ready we should co-ordinate who tests what packages.

I'm thinking if i start at the top and you at the bottom, and we knock a bunch of packages off each day we should be good.

what do you think?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Maybe my 5.2,2 installation saga is usefull. https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=366859
Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
That's fine. Good idea
Just tell me what and when i should do.
Collapse
Thanks Ben.

Iuri, give me a bit to put up a page allowing us to track work done and some specs on how to go about the testing.

Thanks for the help.

ok, i'll be waiting for you. While i'm struglling on my oacs box here. :)
i would be happy to help with your install as part of the process if you like.

we will arrange something along the way, just give me a bit of time.

ok, as far as i have installation questions which i'm sure it will come opost in ther forum!!

Now, i'm trying to set my router up, to alllow external connections. Then i can access my machine at home from office