Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Still impossible to delete folders in file storage

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Hi Rafa,

I belive it is dotLRN's decision to set things up in this way. Once long ago someone commited this as a feature. I don't think anyone remembers who or why. Good chance that individual is gone now. But it is now the way dotLRN works out of the box. There are many little things like this.

Which leads to the questions:

Who are making these decisions for dotLRN now?
How do you ask dotLRN why they made a certain decision?
How would you go about asking dotLRN to change this decsion?

The OCT is sure it's not us, this is an internal dotLRN decision.

It is these little issues that prompted my request that dotLRN to set up an official decision making process somewhat like the OCT's.

Thanks

Caroline
As you know I'm a strong supported of getting a process like the one for openacs working on dotlrn. Hopefully we can get it rolling in the next few weeks. It would be good if you could lead the way...

I think the underlying opinion of people is between lines in your statement 'it is dotLRN's decision to set things up in this way'.

I think the dotLRN *consortium* has kept itself out of the technical decisions, mostly for lack of time/resources to follow them up.

But dotlrn is all of us. While the consortium has been quiet for a while a lot of other things are happening.

While some people argue that the next step (after we release 2.2) is to improve the code base (with big technical things) I think my two personal priorities have to do with 1) management of the development process 2) getting a community of educators behind the project.

I proposed this last issue last May in Madrid but we have not been successful im making it happen.

Ideas would be very welcome

rafa