Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: invalid command name "throttle"

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
the message comes from the filter proc of the xotcl request monitor. it looks to me as if you have the xotcl request monitor installed, but not xotcl and/or libthread. the xotcl request monitor is not part of 5.2.2, so its not a problem of oacs 5.2.2
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Thank's Gustav,

The trouble is when you start installing packages there's no reference to the order, nor the consequences of the action. Now you mention it, I did try to get XO wiki up and running, so it looks like that's the culprit right now. Unfortunatly XO wiki depends on a filestorage version that's not available in the current oacs release, so it does seem to be related.

I think Janine has identified the basic problem, so I feel this should be taken up to the next level!!

Although it's not a 5.2.2 issue, it might make sense to create a step by step approach, so newbies can't scew up installation , simply because they see a functionality they fancy, withouth having the basics on board to get things working from scratch. The pre-install display does not show any problems ahead so it look safe to proceed with installation

I noticed for example that by installing blogger on a clean system, it won't work,but after a few other packages, ther's no problem. Can't we create a step by step introduction?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i don't understand the file-storage issue. it is true that xowiki requires file-store 5.1.0, but this is intended to mean 5.1.0 or newer. oacs 5.2 comes with file-storage 5.2.0d8. I see on my system in the xowiki apm/version-dependencies the following.

Requires service file-storage, version 5.1.0 (remove)

* Provided by File Storage, version 5.2.0d8
    * Provided by File Storage, version 5.2.0d4

so i am wondering what's wrong. i can certainly easily change the dependency to file-storage 5.2.0d8 (or whatever) but then the people using e.g. dotlrn 2.1.* will be unhappy.