Forum OpenACS Q&A: AOLserver updates?

Collapse
Posted by Abrantes Filho on
Sory if this is a kind of "stupid question", but I would like to know if AOLserver is under active development today.
AOLserver 4.5.1 was release more than 3 years ago, in 2009. I could not find any recent update or bug fixes for AOLserver.

Almost every week we get Apache updates to fix bugs and vulnerabilites, but AOLserver does not seen to provide this. In this scenario of AOLserver, could I really trust that AOLserver is not a security risk on ours networks?

I am completely wrong? AOlserver is under active development and bug fixes?

Please, help me to understand the global picture of AOLserver development and bug fix cycles.

Thanks!

Collapse
2: Re: AOLserver updates? (response to 1)
Posted by Jeff Rogers on
AOLserver is under active, if slow development. There have been a handful of bugfixes since the last release, but they are only available by building the server from source. I am also hoping to get the recent patches packaged up into an actual 4.5.2 release in the near future.

As for bugs, if you have any reports, by all means submit them - there are people reading and answering submitted bug reports and feature requests on the sourceforge project and mailing lists, but not many have been submitted recently.

The naviserver project sees a bit more activity, but is still relatively quiet. That is the problem with stable software - it doesn't make much noise, good or bad.