Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Simplification of Assessment

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
After finding out that Heidelberg's fixes were not in the OpenACS CVS I asked Malte to add them to HEAD. We merged these changes with 5.2 and are now bug fixing together.

We will be cooperating on getting assessment tidy for .LRN 2.2 so please commit any local fixes (not features) you have soon to the oacs-5-2 branch.

For now we are tending towards removing all the options mentioned in my previous post and leaving "New Assessment".

Please complain or fix now, if you are using this untested/broken "feature" and are willing to help get it in.

If we work on it we will fight for just going with 2 or a maximum of 3 different assessment creation options: "New Simple Survey" (as per Bernd's post), "New Simple Quiz/Test", and "New Custom Suvey/Quiz/Test" (this one would give you all the options) for example.

Speak now, or wait for the next release round.

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
We are working on oacs-5-2, though we are not commiting by now until further notice. Feel free from our side to do whatever you want with assessment (i.e. take out the assessment creation options).
Collapse
Posted by Derick Leony on
At Galileo, we are analyzing some approaches in order to improve Assessment performance and decrease the amount of deadlocks at peak times.

After error log analysis and some stress tests (which do not really simulate multiple users due to the lack of this feature in tclwebtest) our approach to follow is to remove the item data versioning (i.e. not to use the CR for item data) and to offer either a "Light Assessment" option to the user or parameter to the administrator.

We will keep on posting our results in order to help others with similar issues.