Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Upgrade OpenACS Debian 3.1 32 bits
Good afternoon. Please find below the steps taken:
1) Installed and Configured only one server Debian64AMD bit ;
2) I "apt-got" openacs, Postgresql 8.4, aolserver4, dotlrn25 from that repository successfully;
3) I backed up both old appl dotlrn 2.1 debian 3.1 SERVER and database debian 6.0 Postgres 8.1 sERVER and restored both on DebianAMD64 bit. That is, I had TWO SERVERS for may dotlrn env;
4) First I tried to make old appl and restored database into this DebianAMD64, all localhost, both appl and database. Lots of mistakes as I said before;
5) I followed your instructions sent before, including the URL http://www.openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=243862. In short, I configured dotlrn2.5 and managed to run on port 8000 successfully. Then, I copied dotlrn.tcl, renamed to coptec.tcl and changed port, database rights and etc. This time I have assigned dotlrn2.5, as per previous instructions, to the restored database. I succeeded in connecting to the restored database and produced a 184k warn and error with 9724 lines, named coptec.log. I would post it here but it is too long. If there is a way to post it or if you would be kind enough as to give me a e-mail address so that it can be delivered to you at you earliest convenience, I would be very grateful.
addressing the migration problem via forum has a better multiplicator than individual mails, and more eyes can spot different problems. Normally, there is no need to send/show the full error.log since later errors are typically consequences of earlier errors. Find in your error.log the place where the server starts and search for the first "Error:". Post this with a context of about 20 lines here....
all the best