to newer releases, but always without success. The site was based mainly on edit-this-page and file-storage.
Finally I decided to rebuild the site from scratch, using:
- Aolserver 4.0.10, PostgreSQL 7.4 and a fresh new OpenACS 5.2.2
- xowiki (thanks Gustaf!) to build a new home page and recover with minimal effort the old contents
- WebDAV (thanks Dave!) to download and then drag and drop the old file-storage on the new site
- theme-selva (thanks Rafael!) to let my users believe that I'm a graphical designer genius
- a forum tip (thanks Matthew!) to recover the users maintaining ther old password All the process took me the last week end and now the new site is up and running.
I found only one (small) problem that I'd like to fix before teaching xowiki to the persons in charge of managing the site contents. From the xowiki index page if you inadvertently click the delete icon you lose the content without an option to recover it.
onClick="return(confirm('Confirm delete?'));"into my template::list::create, but in this case I'm not (yet) familiar with xotcl to fix the index.tcl page and so I'm looking for some help from people with more experience (Gustaf?).