Forum OpenACS Development: Re: calDAV

Collapse
2: Re: calDAV (response to 1)
Posted by Cesareo Garci­a Rodicio on
Any work on this?

I mean, can I synchronize (and more interesting, use Calendar Native Phone App Openacs calendar? iOS and/or Android would be awesome !

Collapse
3: Re: calDAV (response to 2)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
we did some work on this. In 2006 i did some work on webdav + ical to synchronize the calendar (bidirectional) working with the Mac OS X tools (ical program, itunes, sync with IOS) and the mozilla tools (e.g. thunderbird). For more details, see here https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=436039)

With some newer versions of IOS (starting from maybe IOS 4) Apple changed to calDAV, which has not only much more functionality (including TODOs and group management) but as well different ways for user management, caching etc. A group of students was working on this recently, but it needs much more testing before we can release this.

Collapse
4: Re: calDAV (response to 3)
Posted by Cesareo Garci­a Rodicio on
It would be really interesting and get Calendar a bit impulse (with aceptable effort). I've never tried but I've read that Openacs can handle WebDAV and some icalendar data interchange so it might be quite viable (I'dont know)

Let me know how this work goes and I can test it with my instalation.