Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Error: can't rename to "_old_ns_sendmail": command already exists (Solved)

I had errors with acs-mail-lite (some procs like sweeper). Problem was that email server (I mean, connection between mail server and openacs) doesn't seem to work.

I solved that checking email configuration (I had a simple "localhost" insteead of "full qualified domain")

And I also had some problems (package requiere mime and package require base64) but it were solved installing tcllib (apt-get install tcllib in debian)

It's working fine now thanks!

Anyway, this renaming error will now show up again. I've replaced the renaming of ns_sendmail by a simple redefinition in the oacs-5-8 branch. The implementation of ns_sendmail based on acs_mail_lite::send is just needed for the transition period until the deprecated command will be removed. The usage of ns_sendmail was deprecated by the release of OpenACS 5.6.0.
As I can remember, my problem was solved when email configuration (mailhost parameter in config file) was right.
i am aware of that.