Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Registering does everything, but it does not redirect to a page that says "check your mail for verification link"

(these next few messages are notes about what I found)
(Gustaf, you may find these notes helpful if you decide to dive into this stuff.)

I started with some text from the email that invites me to change my passwd, to find what in openacs uses it...

The text from the email that I used, was 'Please visit the following link to change your password now', and it turns out the only place this text is found, is in the localization catalog of the acs-subsite package.

Looking at that catalog, I found that the name of that message is "acs-subsite.email_body_Registration_password", and, the only place it's used is on line 516 of the file /packages/acs-authentication/tcl/local-procs.tcl.

Looking in that file, it's a proc that refers to that message, and that proc is named auth::local::registration::Register.

Inside that proc, is a call to the proc that sends the mail, its name is auth::password::email_password.

I'll make some notes similar to this about the email that contains the verify link.

It looks like Lars Pind was in the middle of either refactoring or else deciding what to refactor, and it looks like he wanted to move at least some of the code into the auth subsystem. Does anyone think we should try to finish what he started?

-Jim