Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to VMWare + W2K + ARGHHH!!

Collapse
Posted by Denny Shimkoski on
Wow! Such great service. And free, too! :)

I am still a newbie with VMWare (Linux, too) and I know copying/pasting is supposed to be easy but I can't get it to work. The VMWare OACS distribution doesn't have emacs so I'm using vi and well, eh, I basically don't know how to do this. I made an attempt to share /var/log/aolserver with samba but that had me looking at yet another error log. So, basically, I don't know how to show the error log to you! HA! Man, does that make me feel stupid.

I can give you what look like "highlights". Hopefully enough.

Warning: APM: NumberOfCachedSecretTokens does not exist
Warning: APM: FtsEngineDriver does not exist
Warning: APM: PersistentLoginDefaultP does not exist

See a root page request

Warning: APM: FtsEngineDriver does not exist a bunch of times in addition to something about workflow_case__sweep_hold_timeout being truncated.

See POST to /register/user-login followed by Error: Ns_PgExec: result status: 0 message: error in rp_handler "serving GET /register/user-new..." errmsg is Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows")

If I can't get this to work then I'll probably end up going with VMWare in bridged mode. I figure that'll be plug-n-play except for setting up the DHCP server on my network. May be easier that way, ya think?

Thanks a lot for the help. Much obliged.

Denny