Forum OpenACS Development: ETP 1.0 documentation?

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Are there any design or other docs for ETP 1?
Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Rafael,

I basically used the code and emailing Luke P when I made modetp.  You can email me, DaveB or Luke P about ETP.  I will be glad to help and post my answers here.

Regarding your other post about ETP 2 only Dave B is working on it since both me and Luke is busy about other stuff.  As of the status from I know Dave B is making some progress in it.

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Jun
Several of my students projects will probably use ETP, but I wanted to provide them with some material on how to write a new template/application

I will post the slides when I write them so you can tell me if they are right.

I wasx thinking they could use ETP 2 if it was in a relatively mature stage.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Rafael,

I think ETP 2 is not mature enough in fact I don't think its already finished.  We have an internal code called modetp - its whack hack attack of ETP 1.  I think I posted it somewhere for download.  But we have an updated one I am glad to post it up.  The core is still whacked up but it works.

Since modetp support multiple templates the student can start doing the adp and very simple tcl.  Its a good starter.  Some of our developers just do the index.adp and index.tcl templates stuff to build a complete site.

Would you like a copy of modetp?

Collapse
Posted by C. R. Oldham on
Jun,

Will it work with OpenACS 4.5?  If so, yes, please upload your updated copy!

Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Yes it works on 4.5... pg only. Its whack attack code. So don't complain about the bad code.

Get it here. I have also written a very small readme at ETP package root.

After playing with it you can start editing the templates at www/templates/...

Have fun.... boy we really need to get ETP 2.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
The docs for etp 1.0 are available again at http://etp.museatech.net