Forum .LRN Q&A: External authentication with LDAP

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up dotLRN to authenticate against active directory and have come accross a problem.

I have been able to install Openldap and nsldap succesfully and have installed the necessary dotLRN packages and have the version 1.9.2.2 of the /packages/auth-ldap/tcl/auth-ldap-procs.tcl.

I have:
Authentication 5.2.2
DotLRN 2.2.0a1
LDAP Authentication Driver 1.1

I can also login to the dotLRN using my active directory credentials. On logging in for the first time it tells me I have succesfully logged in and the request has been passed to the system administrator.

Now this is where I've hit my problem...

Our users are already in a Microsoft Active Directory and we want the user creation etc. to happen there and the dotLRN interogate that user list and if the person exists, they can have access. I believe we can do some form of batch sync with the AD users and the openACS user database. However, When I hit
» Run new batch job now
I get no new users and it tells me I need to 'specify at least one URL to get.' I'm not sure where I specify this URL?

Does anyone know of a way I can get all of the users in my AD to sync up with the openacs database or something to that effect?

I got a lot of help from these forum posts but I believe I have reached the end of both (plus the documents linked to in storage are not accessible at the moment?)
https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=326187
https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=297929

Perhaps Michael Steigman, Trenton Cameron, Carl Blesius, Malte Sussdorff or Patrick Giagnocavo might know some more. I believe that some of you dealt with my colleague Shahid last year on the same subject. We've gotten much further this time!

Regards,
Matthew

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
I think what we need to do is get our Microsoft AD to export XML files in IMS format? Is that correct and if so, has anyone done this before?

Perhaps we need to install something on the Active Directory server to do this for us?