Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OCT: test server needed, summary of meeting

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
IN addition to a test server, we need a volunteer to setup test reporting, with the reports sent to openacs.org.

We want visibility of test server status.

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
I volunteer to setup a test server on one of my servers, with test reporting and delivery.

Then once this is working, we can apply the same process to cvs.openacs.org

Collapse

I've spent some time with the old automated install script and guide. It has some problems:

• the xml file packages/acs-core-docs/www/files/install-autotest.xml no longer exists in cvs. This needs to be installed manually after every checkout.
  • The following view in postgres 8.0.7 must be created after the database is recreated or the /SYSTEM/dbtest post install test will not work. The same line must then be removed from packages/acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/postgresql.sql to avoid an error in the install log: create view dual as select now() as sysdate;
  • the serverr must be restarted using the init.d script (at least on FC4) not the nsd-postgres binary. The binary will cause the install.sh script to hang while it waits for that process to finish (even if it is backgrounded).  The server start and stop must be issued via a separate script (like init.d) which will background the call to nsd-postgres and then call exit 1, therefore allowing execution to continue.
  • the server must be run on port 80 to satisfy tclwebtest (an annoying inconvenience)

The good news: I have a working script that fixes most of these problems, and an XML testing output file. The bad news: I may have done something non-desirable when I fixed them. Also, the automated testing parameters are not being set by the xml file above. I have to set them manually after install. Help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Seems this was done?

http://e-lane.int-evry.fr/

this server has not been offered yet officially, or yes?
Plus having 2 is ok as well! I guess you should continue with your configurations....
Rocael, can you assist me in setting up the acs-automated-testing parameters via xml file, as described above?

Thanks!

Hello all, we are managing the OACS/.LRN test server at the INT in France. The server is available for all the OACS community and we will maintain this server at leas for one more year.

We are working in the development of different test cases considered as “smoke” using tclwebtest. All the test developed by the INT ( e-lane project) as well as all the committed tests are in the test server at http://e-lane.int-evry.fr

This server is at your disposition; if you want to ask something or do a comment please feel free to contact me.

Collapse
11: server (response to 9)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Can you set up accounts?
How about creating new accounts? we need a couple of people to be able to do that, so people can access, update server (CVS) and run tests. This week we have the acs-tcl test sessions, so will be nice to have this server as well to run all the test that we probably update/create.

Also, any other information on how the testserver is set up will be useful.

Collapse
12: Re: server (response to 11)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Sorry, last post was intended to Gerardo refering to his test-server.

Also, Gerardo and Ryan, if you can, join us to the OCT meeting tomorrow 12th. at 17:00GMT, so we can review the status of the test-servers, and help if needed.

Collapse
13: Re: Re: server (response to 12)
Unfortunately, I can't participate, but if anyone can help me out with my problem above, I'll check the transcripts later. I'm still unable to set the automated testing parameters via the xml file.

Thanks!

Collapse
14: Re: Re: server (response to 12)
Posted by Gerardo Morales on
Could we have this meeting later? I will leave france so I can not participate tomorow. How about a couple of days, or next week?