Forum OpenACS Q&A: OCT meeting: bug-stomp!!, test-server, svn & trademar

1. This thursday (tomorrow 13th.) & friday is the bug-stomp, we'll start with acs-tcl (later will post about organization). Fix test cases, update, deprecate and create as needed. Then if we have more time, we might go into another acs-core package. Coordination through the forums and the IRC, join us!
2. Test server, during the bug-stomp we'll try to help / define what we need for the test server. So Ryan & Gerardo, please try to be around so we coordinate.
3. We want to xowiki our coding standards. I have something written, based on many others post, will post soon. Anyone else is welcome to contribute.
4. CVS to SVN? Ham offered help, so is about his own time to actually start to testing environment. Will be very important to have a CVS to SVN gateway, so you can still commit using cvs while the stuff is in SVN.
5. Trademark: RedHat is offering to ACS trademark, we don't actually need it (plus we don't have an entity to hold it). Don will ask RedHat contact to just GPL the whole code.

Anyone else is welcome to comment on this, contribute or raise agenda items to the OCT.

I use tailor
https://openacs.org/forums/message-post?parent%5fid=461378
to keep a source code in cvs and svn in sync.

Kindly advise where you would like this set up.

Oops the link to tailor is
http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor
Do you have a server were you can set it up, so people can play with it?
Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have a public server.
However, the software I am talking about is really just a script that can be executed where ever there is CVS and SVN installed on the same box.

If someone is willing to volunteer a public test/staging/play server with linux on a public IP and with the following installed

CVS, Apache, Python, subversion and it's dependent packages,

I can setup a server that regularly fetches code from cvs.openacs.org and imports it into a vendor branch on a subversion repository via Tailor.

Hamilton

Ham, does the setup you say (fetch code from cvs) will "replicate in SVN" what we actually have in CVS? if yes, it will be nice for testing a while how SVN works. We can give you access to actual CVS server, so you setup everything there.
Tailor will do a cvs checkout from a CVS repository and an svn checkout from an SVN Repository. It will then do a diff and extract the code changes. Finally depending on the parameters you pass to it, tailor can

- commit the changes/differences to the CVS repository
- commit the changes/differences to the SVN repository

This is useful in a situation where you would like to keep a vendor branch of let's say OpenACS head from OpenACS CVS on a branch in your subversion repository.

And yes, we can also use tailor to extract say OpenACS HEAD into a test subversion repository for testing/review.