Forum OpenACS Development: Re: XoWiki 0.30

Collapse
8: Re: XoWiki 0.30 (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Gustaf,

Great work.

Two issues we found testing:

1) If you have existing pages with spaces in the names and upgrade the links to those pages can't be resolved because the resolver converts the spaces to underscores. We fixed by renaming the pages since new pages automatically are converted to underscores.

2) In renderng the links a link like this [[A Page Name]] will resolve to A_Page_Name with link text of A_Page_Name. I commented out line 728 in xowiki-procs.tcl to keep the original link as the link text. This way the editor can type the nice name, and get directed to the correct page, without having to add a seperate label for the link.

We are interested in either applying 2 or adding an additional option, if you think that should not be the default behavior.

Collapse
9: Re: Re: XoWiki 0.30 (response to 8)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
One other issue.

If you do not use subst_blank_in_name and allow spaces in names and URLs there is a bug

around line 548 in xowiki-procs.tcl

if {$granted} {
if {[$object istype ::xowiki::Package]} {
set base [$package_id package_url]
if {[info exists url]} {
return [uplevel export_vars -base $base$url [list $args]]
} else {
lappend args [list $method 1]
return [uplevel export_vars -base $base [list $args]]
}
} elseif {[$object istype ::xowiki::Page]} {
set base [$package_id url]
lappend args [list m $method]
return [uplevel export_vars -base $base [list $args]]
}

I cahnges the $base variable referece to \"$base\" to quote the value of $base (also did $base$url)

There is still an issue when creating the edit form if you use the [ or ] characters in the name, it is trying to execute it as a tcl proc. I could not figure out where to apply the proper escaping in that.

We probably should disallow [ and ] in names/urls anyway, but someone might also use it in a title, and the same issue occurs.