Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: help for search package

Collapse
Posted by David Spanberger on
I found a solution for indexing pdf and doc: https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=295461

But I am not at this point yet. I don't manage that the search finds anything. e.g. I opened a new forum and a new message inside. Then I tried to find this message by the Search package. It is the same with the file-repository. Can you tell me how I can the Search to search this packages?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
be sure, you have mounted the search package.
did run run the indexer? Check out reindex in xowiki.
Collapse
Yes, the search package is mounted.

I looked at the reindex procedure of xowiki.
I tried to use this command:

search::queue -object_id $object_id -event INSERT

for the object_id I took the object_ids of the table "acs_objects"

Now I can search through the forums package too. But I don't find anything in the file_storage.

Any ideas?

Collapse
You did the search::queue ... INSERT for the items in the file store, you installed the search_content_filter above, you are sure it is called and works without errors?
Collapse
I did this insert for all object_ids in the acs_objects table.

No, I didn't installed the changed filter. I wanted to have a working search before I change the tcl files.

Collapse
Without the filter (or some other possbile approaches), the file contents are not accessed. I would not insert all acs_objects into the queue: for some content it makes sense to index based on the item_id, for others based on the revision_id (both are acs_objects). notice, that also user_ids or package ids are acs_objects, so the indexer won't be able to do anything with this. maybe insert everything into the queue does not hurt, but i certainly would not do this for testing on a system with some content.

try to understand, what the FtsContentProvider service contract is about, and how the datasource works (again, you might check our xowiki, or various other packages)