Forum OpenACS Development: Problem embedding files in xowiki folders

Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
Hi Gustaf,

yesterday I did a fresh install of xotcl-core 0.42 and xowiki 0.34 and today upgraded to 0.35. In other sites I'm yet using xowiki 0.24 and the improvements are really staggering!

However, I had problems loading and retrieving files and images to and from xowiki folders. I tried loading a file in two ways:

1. creating an ::xowiki::File and then referencing it with the new syntax [[file:myfile|My File]] from a ::xowiki::Page
  2. creating an ::xowiki::Page and a link to a non existent file with the same syntax and then clicking on the '[' to upload the file
In both cases when I view a page with a link to a file in a xowiki folder and try to follow the link the system hangs forever.

Even worst, if i put a reference to an image on a page, the page hangs and the link to the image don't shows itself.

All the rest seems to work well, and of course I can continue to use Xinha to load and reference file and images, but the new way is really more clean and simple.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Claudio,

To clarify things: i deduce from your mail, that the upload of the image went well (say [[image:DotLrnLogo.gif]], you seen the uploaded entry from the admin pages) but the view of the image (like /xowiki/image/DotLrnLogo.gif?m=download) hangs.

What operating system is the server? There is a known issue with Mac OS X (see above in the thread).

In what browser does this happen?

Do you see an error message in the log file?

Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
Thank you for answering, Gustaf.

i deduce from your mail, that the upload of the image went well (say [[image:DotLrnLogo.gif]], you seen the uploaded entry from the admin pages) but the view of the image (like /xowiki/image/DotLrnLogo.gif?m=download) hangs

yes, I see the object from the admin pages, but when I click to view it the page hangs.

What operating system is the server? In what browser does this happen?

Linux RedHat 8.0 - Firefox 1.5.0.6

Do you see an error message in the log file?

Yes, there is an error in the log file:
invalid command name "throttle" while executing "throttle get_context"
Sorry to not have hilighted this before. Aolserver starts fine without any errors.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
ok. Seems as if you have "my" the aolserver patches for bbdelivery installed, but you do not have the request monitor. I will check, to remove the dependency. for now, the code checks whether throttle is available, and does not call bgdelivery. i have not tried the change with your configuration, but the code should be fine (famous last words).

-gustaf
PS: these tests should and will go to xotcl-core

Thank you Gustaf,

installing xotcl-request-monitor fixed the problem.

i should have mentioned in my last posting, that i have already commited a patch that does not require your to have the request monitor installed. Anyhow, installing it is not a bad idea in general.

Right now, i am just changing the internals in xotcl-core to reduce the complexity and make it easier to handle the connection context in variuous situations... guess, i won't commit soon, since currently i broke everything in my setup...

all the best
-gustaf