Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: awstats, user-tracking, views and openacs

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
Quick question to the people using awstats out there. What setup are you using?
like Castillo I have the same installation. My server runs Solaris OS and it's divided in zones and each web instance call diferent .conf files ex: awstats-yabt.conf, awstats-yabtdev.conf

but the diferent thing is that I do need to run the update script every time i need to report the statistic.

Do you call awstats.pl in a cronjob once per night, right after logroll ?
Yes , I schedulle on crontab file every night to run the respective perl scripts basicaly the general one:
alldomains and a few specific reports.

perl awstats.pl -config=mysite -output=allhosts -staticlinks > awstats.mysite.allhosts.html
perl awstats.pl -config=mysite -output=lasthosts -staticlinks > awstats.mysite.lasthosts.html
perl awstats.pl -config=mysite -output=unknownip -staticlinks > awstats.mysite.unknownip.html
perl awstats.pl -config=mysite -output=alllogins -staticlinks > awstats.mysite.alllogins.html
perl awstats.pl -config=mysite -output=lastlogins -staticlinks > awstats.mysite.lastlogins.html

Which version of awstats are you using?
I'm not quite sure, it was the zill.net who installed but I guess it's the ;atest one, since we started to use it only 3 months ago

Would it make sense to have an installation instructions for awstats and OpenACS?
it makes sense, they already have some docs at their website
http://www.awstats.org/

It would be great if we can match OpenaACS with awstats, gathering some info from there.