Forum OpenACS Q&A: aolserver 3.1+ad13 ---> aolserver4.0

Collapse
Posted by Eric Wolfram on
Openacs 4.6.3 with aolserver 3.1+ad13 and postgres. I'm upgrading to aolserver4.0 and I followed the install instructions for aolserver4 @

https://openacs.org/doc/current/aolserver4.html

I had to modify my config.tcl file in this way. I commented out the following:

ns_param nsrewrite ${bindir}/nsrewrite.so
ns_param nsxml ${bindir}/nsxml.so

I added this (which I had to take out to get aol3.1+ad13 to work with postgres 7.3, but it looks like aol4 needs it.):

ns_param nsdb ${bindir}/nsdb.so

Now it seams like the server starts but I'm getting the following error when I try to surf to the site:

No fullquery for dbqd.acs-tcl.tcl.apm-procs.apm_package_installed_p_not_cached.apm_package_installed_p and default SQL empty - query for statement missing
while executing
"error "No fullquery for $statement_name and default SQL empty - query for statement missing""
(procedure "db_qd_replace_sql" line 10)
invoked from within
"db_qd_replace_sql $statement_name $pre_sql"
(procedure "db_exec" line 5)
invoked from within
"db_exec 0or1row $db $full_name $sql"

I think it has to do with the missing nsxml.so -- or that tdom isn't right. Did I need to add something to config.tcl to work with tdom? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
The OpenACS aolserver4 config file is significantly different than the one used in aolserver 3.x

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/etc/config.tcl?only_with_tag=oacs-5-2&view=markup

The modules section at the end of config.tcl includes some code and comments about what modules are to be used for which versions of OpenACS and AOlserver.

Collapse
Posted by Eric Wolfram on
Thanks for the pointer to the config.tcl docs. I'll look at that closer as I upgrade the site to Openacs 5.x.

I got the OpenACS 4.6.3 site to appear in aolserver4.0 by installing nsxml.so on the 4.0 server, after making sure that I had that libxml2 installed, I added this to the nsxml.so makefile:

CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/libxml2

and did a:

make install AOLSERVER=/usr/local/aolserver40r10